Sunday, July 25, 2010

Quality of Life

Whenever people hear that I'm Celiac they often respond by saying, "You've got more self-control than me. I could never do that."

To me it's not a matter of self-control but the quality of life. And since I've been on this gluten-free journey my quality of life has improved ten-fold if not more so.

Yes, I still have the occasional bout of illness that I know is related to gluten. When that occurs I have to investigate. I have to discover what the culprit is. And it's not always food related. Once, and I have no doubt, I became ill from wearing eyeliner. No, it wasn't in my head. It was definitely the eyeliner. And although I can't remember the brand I do recall looking it up at the time and discovering that yes, it did contain gluten.

When you have Celiac, living a gluten free life is not a game. It can be the difference between life and possibly death.

For more information about Celiac go to www.celiac.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment